- When searching for a current Secured or unpaid Prior Year tax bill, please search by either the parcel number or the current mailing address.
- When searching for a Supplemental or Escape Tax Bill, please search by either the Supplemental/Escape tax bill number or the current mailing address.
- When searching for a Prior Year Unpaid Defaulted Tax Bill, please search by either the parcel number or the current mailing address.
- When searching for an Unsecured Tax Bill (for businesses, boats, or airplanes), please search by the 4 digit year and 6 digit bill number.
Warning: If you are experiencing server errors while attempting to pay your taxes online from a country outside of the United States, the alternative options to pay your bill are to mail in your payment or make a credit card payment by calling our secure phone payment system at (619) 696-9994. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Duplicate tax bills are $1.00 and can be obtained at any Tax Collector's office.
Avoid Penalties from Rejected E-check Payments - Four Easy Reminders:
Use an open checking account.
- Use information shown on the bottom of your check.
- Do not use information from a deposit slip.
- Make sure the account is not closed.
Enter the account number accurately.
- Be sure to include all digits.
- Do not include the check number.
- Enter the number twice for verification.
- Do not copy your first entry.
Enter the routing number accurately.
- Be sure to include all digits.
- Do not transpose numbers.
Verify the information.
- Double check your routing and account number to avoid a $25 returned check fee and delinquent penalties.
Regarding e-mail Reminders:
If you have received a courtesy e-mail reminder regarding secured property taxes and you or your lender have already paid OR you do not own secured property in the County of San Diego, please disregard the e-mail.
If you have received an e-mail regarding Tax Sales and would like additional information, please click on http://www.sdtreastax.com/property-tax-sales.html.
To opt out of receiving future e-mail reminders, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the original email and your email address will automatically be removed.
Regarding Lender Payments:
If you are inquiring about the status of a payment made on your behalf by your lender or a financial institution, please note that lenders (or their representative tax service company) generally pay by wire in bulk just prior to December 10th and April 10th, even though your account may reflect a debit in the month prior.
Our office processes the wire payments as quickly as possible. However, it can take up to two weeks for the payment to post to your account. Your parcel will be considered paid as of the date we received your lender's payment. Our website has the same up-to-date information that our customer service representatives would be able to provide.
Regarding Optional Payment Methods:
Should you experience a delay using our on-line electronic payment system, please see other convenient payment options below to pay by phone, mail, or in person at one of our offices. Most property tax payments are paid and processed each year between Nov. 1 - Dec. 10 and Feb. 1 - Apr. 10.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact our office at 877.829.4732.
* Cash accepted at Downtown Office ONLY.