APRIL 10th PROPERTY TAX DEADLINE FAST APPROACHING!
March 27, 2014
San Diego County Treasurer-Tax Collector Dan McAllister today reminded San Diego County taxpayers that the second installment of their 2013-14 property taxes is due and will become delinquent if not paid by Thursday, April 10, 2014.
350+ SAN DIEGO COUNTY PROPERTIES SET FOR MARCH 19TH AUCTION
February 19, 2014
San Diego County Treasurer-Tax Collector Dan McAllister announced today that more than 350 Tax Defaulted Properties are scheduled to be sold at the 2014 Property Tax Sale Auction to be held on Wednesday, March 19, 2014, at the San Diego Convention Center (111 West Harbor Drive, Room 6D) in downtown San Diego. The property auction will be held in an effort to collect $7,253,125.00 in unpaid property taxes, including penalties and fees.
COUNTY INVESTMENT FUND EARNS TRIPLE
'A' RATINGS FOR THE 13TH YEAR IN A ROW!
October 9, 2013
San Diego County Treasurer-Tax Collector Dan McAllister announced today that Standard and Poor's (S&P) has reaffirmed its highest ratings of San Diego County's investment pool. S&P assigned the investment pool 'AAAF' (credit quality) and 'S1' (volatility) ratings.
PROPERTY TAX BILLS ARE ON THEIR WAY!
October 4, 2013
County Treasurer-Tax Collector Dan McAllister announced today that his office has begun to mail the 2013-2014 Property Tax Bill. This year, 981,829 San Diego County Property Taxpayers can expect to receive their new bill. The property tax billing is expected to generate $4,820,185,984 this fiscal year, an increase of $249 million over last year.
GOVERNOR SIGNS AB 182 INTO LAW!
October 2, 2013
San Diego County Treasurer-Tax Collector Dan McAllister today thanked Governor Brown for signing Assembly Bill (AB) 182 into law. The much-anticipated School Bond Reform legislative measure was signed, Wednesday, October 2, 2013 and will go into effect on January 1, 2014. AB 182 bill will adjust the current school bond financing structure, where the issuance of Capital Appreciation Bonds (CABs) is concerned.
COME AND CLAIM YOUR CASH! NEARLY $300K IN UNCLAIMED REFUNDS!
San Diego County Treasurer-Tax Collector Dan McAllister announced today that his office is seeking property taxpayers and others who may have done business with any County department in the past four years to review the Unclaimed Monies list at: www.sdtreastax.com. Otherwise, the remaining unclaimed funds will be "escheated" to the County's General Fund.
PAID YOUR PROPERTY TAXES? MCALLISTER TO MAIL
PENALTY DEFAULTED NOTICES
August 13, 2013
Dan McAllister, the San Diego County Treasurer-Tax Collector announced that this week his office will begin to mail default notices to taxpayers who failed to pay their first, second or both installments of the 2012-2013 property tax bill(s) or have a prior year unpaid tax bill. The bill reflects a 10% penalty previously added to each unpaid installment and an added 1.5% per month (18% per year) penalty. Penalties will continue to accrue until the bill is paid in full.
COUNTY TREASURER SEEKING OWNERS OF NEARLY
$300K IN UNCLAIMED REFUNDS!
July 25, 2013
San Diego County Treasurer-Tax Collector Dan McAllister announced today that his office is seeking property taxpayers and others who may have done business with any County department in the past four years to review the Unclaimed Monies list at: www.sdtreastax.com. Otherwise the remaining unclaimed funds will be "escheated" to the County's General Fund.
TAX-DEFAULT PROPERTIES UP FOR BID IN COUNTY AUCTION
March 13, 2013
SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - Dozens of condos, homes and apartment complexes went up for bid Wednesday in a public auction...
TAX COLLECTOR SETS MARCH 13th TO AUCTION OVER 230 SAN DIEGO COUNTY PROPERTIES
February 12, 2013
San Diego County Treasurer-Tax Collector Dan McAllister announced today that 233 tax defaulted properties are set to be sold at the 2013 Property Tax Sale Auction scheduled for Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at the San Diego Convention Center located at 111 West Harbor Drive, Room 6D in downtown San Diego. The property auction will be held in an effort to collect $4,550,638 in unpaid property taxes including penalties and fees.
HUESO UNVEILS SCHOOL BOND REFORM LEGISLATIVE PROPOSAL
January 25, 2013
California State Assembly member Ben Hueso (D-80) and San Diego County Treasurer-Tax Collector Dan McAllister today unveiled the much-anticipated School Bond Reform legislative measure, AB 182. The bill will adjust the current school bond financing structure where the issuance of Capital Appreciation Bonds (CAB's) is concerned. The measure has received bi-partisan support and is headed to the California Assembly Education Committee.
- SAN DIEGO COUNTY RECEIVES HIGHEST CREDIT RATINGS FOR INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO! November 21, 2012
- OH MY GOSH! RECORD NUMBER OF PROPERTY TAX BILLS TO BE MAILED! September 27, 2012
- TAX COLLECTOR ANNOUNCES HUESO AS AUTHOR OF SCHOOL BOND REFORM LEGISLATION September 20, 2012
- NEARLY 1,800 PROPERTY TAX REFUNDS VALUED AT $1.10 MILLION TO BE MAILED OUT August 15, 2012
- WE MAY HAVE YOUR MONEY! July 17, 2012
- NEARLY 2,000 PROPERTY TAX REFUNDS VALUED AT $1.28 MILLION TO MAILED OUT May 31, 2012
- TAX COLLECTOR EXPANDS PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR TAXPAYERS PAYING BY PHONE OR ON-LINE May 1, 2012
- 2nd PROPERTY TAX INSTALLMENT TODAY! April 9, 2012
- DEADLINE TO BID ON TAX SALE AUCTION IS 5PM TOMORROW, FEBRUARY 22nd February 21, 2012
- TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR TO REFUND 4-S RANCH TAXPAYERS ON BOND SURPLUS February 2, 2012
- 200+ SAN DIEGO PROPERTIES TO BE AUCTIONED BY SD COUNTY January 18, 2012
- PROPERTY TAX DEADLINE FAST APPROACHING! November 30, 2011
- STANDARD & POOR'S AWARDS SAN DIEGO COUNTY'S INVESTMENT POOL WITH HIGHEST CREDIT RATINGS! October 12, 2011
- TAX COLLECTOR TO BEGIN PROPERTY TAX MAILING September 27, 2011
- OVER 900 UNCLAIMED REFUNDS! August 17, 2011
- MCALLISTER TO BEGIN MAILING PROPERTY TAX DEFAULT NOTICES August 5, 2011
- ASSESSOR & TAX COLLECTOR ANNOUNCE NEW BUSINESS HOURS July 15, 2011
- TIMESHARES & DEFAULTED PROPERTIES TO BE SOLD AT TAX COLLECTOR'S ONLINE TAX SALE AUCTION May 24, 2011
- TAX COLLECTOR BEGINS TO MAIL DELINQUENT NOTICES TO TAXPAYERS May 18, 2011
- PROPERTY TAX SALE AUCTION REGISTRATION DATE EXTENDED March 10, 2011
- TAX COLLECTOR SET TO AUCTION HUNDREDS OF TAX DEFAULTED PROPERTIES February 25, 2011
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE EXTENDED: MORE THAN 200 PROPERTIES TO BE AUCTIONED February 22, 2010
- HUNDREDS OF TAX DEFAULTED PROPERTIES SET FOR FEBRUARY TAX AUCTION January 19, 2010
- $1.66 MILLION IN PROPERTY TAX REFUNDS SHOULD SPRUCE UP THE HOLIDAYS FOR NEARLY 2,500 SAN DIEGO COUNTY TAXPAYERS! December 23, 2009
- RAIN OR SHINE TAXES ARE DUE! December 7, 2009
- NO FOOLIN': PROPERTY TAX DEADLINE IS APPROACHING... April 1, 2009
- 2ND PROPERTY TAX INSTALLMENT OF 2007-2007 DUE April 7, 2008
- TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR ANNOUNCES UPCOMING TAX SALE AUCTION January 19, 2008
- TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR TO ISSUE 71,267 DELINQUENT REMINDER NOTICES January 18, 2008
- SAN DIEGO COUNTY PROPERTY TAX BILLS GO GREEN; BUMPER CROP READIED FOR MAIL AND HARVEST October 1, 2007
- OVER $1.2 MILLION IN PROPERTY TAX REFUNDS UP FOR GRABS September 6, 2007
- PROPERTY TAXES DUE TODAY! July 2, 2007
- COUNTY TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR WARNS: HEFTY PENALTIES AWAIT LATE TAXPAYERS IF BILLS ARE NOT PAID BY JULY 2ND June 25, 2007
- UNPAID PROPERTY TAXES?? May 18, 2007
- PROPERTY TAXES ARE DUE TUESDAY, APRIL 10TH April 6, 2007
- TREASURER-TAX COLLECTOR CONDUCTS ANNUAL PUBLIC AUCTION/TAX SALE February 22, 2007
- 87 PROPERTIES SET FOR PUBLIC AUCTION/TAX SALE - FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2007 February 21, 2007